Automated Football Stats Program
Statman Football - 2016 is here!
Check below 2016 updates, or go to a detailed description of my program, many samples of input/output, take a trial run, or go directly to the ordering form.
Several improvements have been made for the 2016 version!
Statman has a partnership with MaxPreps!
- New URL and logo: Our new web address is www.statmanfootball.com. We plan to maintain that URL going forward. Also, we have a new logo and brand.
- Enhanced Configuration and Setup Process: The "Roster_and_Schedule" file has been revamped, and is now called "Configuration_and_Setup". This new file now comes with an instructions tab, and allows you to set your schedule, your roster, color selections for your team and your opponents, and define offensive formations.
- Team colors: The team colors in Statman have been upgraded. Now, you can select from a variety of popular color combinations . . . or create your own! This can be done for your team and your opponents.
Once your colors have been selected on the Configuration_and_Setup file, a simple click in each game file sets the colors for that game. This process updates numerous formatted cells throughout the game file, and worksheet tabs.
- Time Outs simplified: The process for recording time-outs was simplified. Instead of navigating through the tabs to record a time-out, you click a button on the Play Entry tab to activate a pop-up form to record the timeout information.
- More options for Tweets: On the Tweet tab, you can select from three options of text to copy to your Twitter account: Time and Score, Last Play, and Last Drive.
- Fixes: We fixed a few nagging bugs. For example, now if you utlize the r* or p* (continuing rush or pass), you do not have to manually overwrite the down or distance. Statman handles this automcatically.
- Instruction Manual: Based on comments received from our spring survey, we have rewritten the Instruction Manual. This file is much more organized with easy-to-understand descriptions, directions, tips, and special cases.
- Much more! We have added some categories to the MaxPreps export. A new error check was added to help you avoid making entry errors. Improvements to the game summary tab, stats sharing and streaming instructions, and and more. Click to view a full list of What's New in Statman 2016.
Statman continues its partnership with the leader in prep statistics! A popular feature that allows you to simply click a button to convert your player stats into a file that can be downloaded to Max Preps. Of the 57 stats that MaxPreps allows, Statman tracks 55 as part of the program. One of the remaining two (pancake blocks) can be tracked on an accompanying file for Offensive Line Grading. The other (safeties) is not really an official individual defensive player statistic - but you can still track it manually if you choose.
Statman is compatible with HUDL!
Statman continues to offer an easy solution for loading detailed play data into the HUDL video coaching program. Users of HUDL can open a workbook that contains the play information imported from Statman. You can marry those game plays to additional coaching information: personnel, play calls, formations, motions, and defense (front, blitz, converage). Then, a click of a button will convert the joined data to a single Excel workbook that can be exported to HUDL.
Click on the football link to view samples of the software, order it, or to download a free trial version.
As usual, Statman Football contains a schedule/results procedure, multiple report printing, efficient stats output, season stats capability, tons of offensive stats options, detailed special teams stats, an optional defensive stats section, complete play-by-play (with drive summaries), a scoring summary, and much more!
Statman was designed by an experienced football and basketball statistician and proficient spreadsheet developer to be used with Excel software. But, regardless of your Excel skill level, you will find Statman to be user-friendly, thorough, and accurate. The detailed,
yet concise reports can easily be disseminated on the world wide web or simply printed out on the spot. Charts and graphs reflecting the compiled statistics are also available using the football program.
© 2001-2016 Andrew Brady
The instruction manuals, hints, web pages, and programming of Statman Football is copyrighted and created by Oaken Enterprises. The original release date of Statman 2001 was July 26, 2001. Statman 2002 was completed and released on July 2, 2002. Statman 2003 was completed and released on May 1, 2003. Statman 2004 was completed and released on May 26, 2004. Statman 2005 was completed and released on June 17, 2005. Statman Hoops was completed and released on September 21, 2005. Statman Hoops was completed and released on January 18, 2005. Statman 2005 was completed and released on June 17, 2005. Statman 2006 was completed and released on June 29, 2006. Statman 2007 was completed and released on June 14, 2007. Statman 2008 was completed and released on June 13, 2008. Statman 2009 was completed and released on June 4, 2009. Statman 2010 was completed and released on June 18, 2010. Statman 2011 was completed and released on July 14, 2011. Statman 2012 was completed and released on July 10, 2012. Statman 2013 was completed and released on July 19, 2013. Statman 2014 was completed and released on July 22, 2014. Statman 2015 was completed and released on July 20, 2015. Statman 2016 was completed and released on July 17, 2016. Please e-mail me for any questions, comments, or suggestions.