Automated Football Stats Program
Statman Football - 2020 is here!
Check below for 2020 updates, a detailed description of my program, many samples of input/output, take a trial run, or go directly to the ordering form.
Statman 2020 includes the following upgrades:
Statman has a partnership with MaxPreps!
- Import Roster from Maxpreps. Statman now includes an easy and automated way to input rosters. Simply paste a link from the Maxpreps roster page into a specified cell in Statman, and the macro will do the work of entering the roster information. This can be done for your team on the Configuration and Setup file, and also for your opponents on the individual game files.
- Set Colors. You can now set the colors for your opponents for the entire season on the Configuration and Setup file. This will only need to be done once as you enter your schedule. You can still make changes to the colors and other information on the Setup file throughout the season.
- Drive Summary. We made significant improvements on the Drive Summary tab, thus adding details for many of the drives that were previously noted as "Misc Drive End". Improved the logic on PAT penalties and other situations that caused issues with the drive chart.
- Maxpreps export. We made an improvement to the Maxpreps export that will now make it easier to reproduce a game that was already created.
- 80-Yard Field Version. On the download page, you can now choose an 80-yard field version of Statman. It works the same, but the formulas have been adjusted to account for the shorter field.
- Other improvements: We fixed a number of minor bugs and made some formatting and other tweaks.
- Statman will continue to offer the service plan that was introduced last year (optional add-on service). Let Statman review your game file and submit the results to your Maxpreps account. If you have Office365, you can add us as a user. If not, you can email us the game and configuration files. The cost for the standard service plan* is $60 per season (including postseason). If you prefer single game service, the cost is $10 per game.
*Standard service includes a error review for each game, any necessary fixes of the game file, suggestions for recording your next game, and a single submission to MaxPreps. Additional services, such as multiple resubmissions of game files, would be available at a per instance price.
- URL and logo:
For the last few years, we have been using a new URL and logo. Our new web address is www.statmanfootball.com. We plan to maintain that URL going forward. Also, we have a new logo and brand.
Statman continues its partnership with the leader in prep statistics! A popular feature that allows you to simply click a button to convert your player stats into a file that can be downloaded to Max Preps. Of the 57 stats that MaxPreps allows, Statman tracks 55 as part of the program. One of the remaining two (pancake blocks) can be tracked on an accompanying file for Offensive Line Grading. The other (safeties) is not really an official individual defensive player statistic - but you can still track it manually if you choose.
Statman is compatible with HUDL!
Statman continues to offer an easy solution for loading detailed play data into the HUDL video coaching program. Users of HUDL can open a workbook that contains the play information imported from Statman. You can marry those game plays to additional coaching information: personnel, play calls, formations, motions, and defense (front, blitz, converage). Then, a click of a button will convert the joined data to a single Excel workbook that can be exported to HUDL.
Statman is on Facebook!
Join our Facebook group to discuss all things Statman with fellow users. You can see news and updates, ask questions, get advice and tips, or just talk football.
Click on the football link to view samples of the software, order it, or to download a free trial version.
As usual, Statman Football contains a schedule/results procedure, multiple report printing, efficient stats output, season stats capability, tons of offensive stats options, detailed special teams stats, an optional defensive stats section, complete play-by-play (with drive summaries), a scoring summary, and much more!
Statman was designed by an experienced football and basketball statistician and proficient spreadsheet developer to be used with Excel software. But, regardless of your Excel skill level, you will find Statman to be user-friendly, thorough, and accurate. The detailed,
yet concise reports can easily be disseminated on the world wide web or simply printed out on the spot. Charts and graphs reflecting the compiled statistics are also available using the football program.
© 2001-2020 Andrew Brady
The instruction manuals, hints, web pages, and programming of Statman Football is copyrighted and created by Oaken Enterprises. The original release date of Statman 2001 was July 26, 2001. Statman 2002 was completed and released on July 2, 2002. Statman 2003 was completed and released on May 1, 2003. Statman 2004 was completed and released on May 26, 2004. Statman 2005 was completed and released on June 17, 2005. Statman Hoops was completed and released on September 21, 2005. Statman Hoops was completed and released on January 18, 2005. Statman 2005 was completed and released on June 17, 2005. Statman 2006 was completed and released on June 29, 2006. Statman 2007 was completed and released on June 14, 2007. Statman 2008 was completed and released on June 13, 2008. Statman 2009 was completed and released on June 4, 2009. Statman 2010 was completed and released on June 18, 2010. Statman 2011 was completed and released on July 14, 2011. Statman 2012 was completed and released on July 10, 2012. Statman 2013 was completed and released on July 19, 2013. Statman 2014 was completed and released on July 22, 2014. Statman 2015 was completed and released on July 20, 2015. Statman 2016 was completed and released on July 17, 2016. Statman 2017 was completed and released on July 23, 2017. Statman 2018 was completed and released on July 17, 2018. Statman 2019 was completed and released on July 10, 2019. Statman 2020 was completed and released on July 29, 2020. Please e-mail me for any questions, comments, or suggestions.